Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Like, Totally Awesome! The '80s Ring - Untitled document If the popular culture (everything from dolls and toys to TV live-action shows, cartoons and even comm

Forums     Login   Signup

Like, Totally Awesome! The '80s Ring

Manager: genessa
Untitled document

If the popular culture (everything from dolls and toys to TV live-action shows, cartoons and even commercials, from music to politics, from cars to cultural icons) of the 1980s enthralls you, you'll want to visit the sites in this ring!  Pictured on this page:  the original cast of Hill Street Blues, a 1981 summer replacement that became the forerunner of every realistic show we've got in the 21st century!  On the NavBar:  detail from EP (cassette in this case) cover for Chronic Town, the first release by the now iconic musical group R.E.M.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

All Those Years Ago - 09/01/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QXYs9WEXjeI/T29W8lL3MQI/AAAAAAAAAPw/lvv2xyObxjU/s320/gh-sie.jpg

One last summer memory. This is a re-post from a post which originally appeared March 25, 2012. I remember the summer of 1981, and the song "All Those Years Ago," which was very frequently on the radio during that time.  The song was  by former Beatle George Harrison, and although it had originally been written prior to John Lennon's passing, Harrison re-wrote the lyrics as a tribute to his friend and former colleague.   During that year, as a rather nerdy and insular 11 year old, I was not very familiar with popular music, including that of the Beatles. I was not even very  knowledgeable  with the artists most associated with the early '80s, although being anywhere near a radio ensured that I was at least familiar with some of the songs then playing. "All Those Years Ago" remains in my mind as a familiar memory because my family took a road trip to Washington D.C. that summer, and Harrison's song was frequently on the radio.    My closest association of that song, therefore, involved hearing it often as we rode down highways in a 1976 Ford Granada, a cooler of ice water in the car with us, stopping at Days Inns and Shoney's restaurants along the way, the '70s era vinyl of the Granada becoming hot in the sun as we got back in after each stop.    And on the radio, over and over. . . the catchy, wistful song with the lyrics . . . all those years ago... I did not know what the song was about, but the tune and the words stayed in my m...

Repost: All Those Years Ago

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy