Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Buddhism - Buddhism is a family of beliefs and practices, based on the teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known a

Forums     Login   Signup

Buddhism

Manager: alicorna
Buddhism is a family of beliefs and practices, based on the teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as The Buddha, the Awakened One.

Buddhism is a widely diverse tradition, and this webring includes all kinds of Buddhism-related websites, with a focus on Therevada, Mayayana, Zen, Advayavada, Shingon, Nichiren, Tibetan, Tendai, and several other forms of Buddhism, including esoteric and eclectic practices. Namaste!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Remembering How to Be Happy - 06/08/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-G8n0rQD5sFQ/UbMjeTayzMI/AAAAAAAABRQ/xPWDLKTBBMA/s640/Happiness_2.jpg

It's hard to be happy when you are stressed, resentful, or afraid.  We all go through periods of time where events in life make us feel one or more of these negative emotions.  When we experience these feelings for too long of a stretch, our brain establishes these emotions as a routine - it forgets how to be happy. The first steps along the road to happiness are very simple.  You may have to force yourself at first.  If you are depressed, angry, or unhappy you can easily feel justified and become attached to these states. Be grateful - about anything - your spouse, your home, your life, the sunrise, your dog, your job - it doesn't matter what, just be grateful for something.  Make it a practice to take a few moments every day and be grateful.  Establishing a practice of gratitude first thing in the morning and again just before bed time in the evening can be very effective. Be generous - smile, forgive someone, give to charity, buy someone a cup of coffee, send someone a check in the mail ( for no reason ), offer your time.  Knowing that you have more than enough ( time, money, love, whatever) will help you to acknowledge and share in the abundance of the world around you. Love yourself .  This one always sounds corny to me.  If it seems to cheesy or mushy to you, start off with loving life; you'll learn to love yourself later.  Fake it if you have to.  Tell yourself over and over - I LOVE LIFE!  I LOVE MY LIF...

Remembering How to Be Happy

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy