Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Buddhism - Buddhism is a family of beliefs and practices, based on the teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known a

Forums     Login   Signup

Buddhism

Manager: alicorna
Buddhism is a family of beliefs and practices, based on the teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as The Buddha, the Awakened One.

Buddhism is a widely diverse tradition, and this webring includes all kinds of Buddhism-related websites, with a focus on Therevada, Mayayana, Zen, Advayavada, Shingon, Nichiren, Tibetan, Tendai, and several other forms of Buddhism, including esoteric and eclectic practices. Namaste!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Kick the Dog or Not? - 06/09/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Cv9O1ekusAc/UbR6bHrsKxI/AAAAAAAABRg/rzrlZISUVYE/s640/Optimism.jpg

I awoke in somewhat of a foul mood this morning. A particular problem was on my mind.  The old me would have stewed in this state of negativity for most of the day.  I would have kicked my dog and cussed my wife - after all isn't it their fault my life is so miserable? Right now, this moment I'm turning it around.  I'm going to do something positive with the situation.  I'm going to spend a large portion of my day learning new skills and improving my knowledge in order to solve this problem.  Then perhaps I'll spend a nice evening with my wife enjoying the sunset. I might even pet that miserable hound of mine and take him for a walk. We can do this with our lives as a whole as well. We can ask, "Why did this have to happen to me?"  Or we can ask, "What can I, with my skills, knowledge, and abilities, do to transform my life and how can I share my solutions with others to make their lives a little easier?" When we see a successful person we can ask, "Why aren't I that lucky?"  Another option is to ask "With all of the opportunities to learn - through reading, watching, asking questions, and networking - what new skills could I add to my arsenal?"  "What value can I add to this world?" I'm not just speaking of positive vs. negative thinking; I'm speaking of the words and actions emanating from your thoughts.  Will you change yourself?  Your life?  The lives of others?   Positive or negative?   Adding or subtracti...

Kick the Dog or Not?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy