Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Buddhism - Buddhism is a family of beliefs and practices, based on the teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known a

Forums     Login   Signup

Buddhism

Manager: alicorna
Buddhism is a family of beliefs and practices, based on the teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as The Buddha, the Awakened One.

Buddhism is a widely diverse tradition, and this webring includes all kinds of Buddhism-related websites, with a focus on Therevada, Mayayana, Zen, Advayavada, Shingon, Nichiren, Tibetan, Tendai, and several other forms of Buddhism, including esoteric and eclectic practices. Namaste!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I feel like Paula Deen - 07/09/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HuOgd6dOcNU/Udyb3JXNF7I/AAAAAAAAB4U/2zlJULKChB4/s400/Paula_Deen.jpg

Image: Ted Eytan from Flickr.com I don't like Paula Deen.  It has nothing to do with the current allegations of misbehavior, those have yet to be proven, I simply don't like who and what she portrays.  She isn't authentic.  She's a phony.  She's playing a role and pretending to be someone she's not - all to make a buck.  I prefer raw and sincere .   When Meryl Streep plays a role, she knows we know that she's playing a role.  Paula thinks we're stupid.  Paula thinks that we can't see through the phony smiles and laughs. Maybe Paula did the things she's being accused of , maybe she didn't.  I'm not in a position to judge this early in the game. The question though, is why are so many willing to drop her like a hot potato so quickly?  Why were all of the companies and businesses so quick to drop her?  Could it be that they never had faith in her to begin with?  Could it be that when we pretend to be someone we're not then people don't trust us?  Could it be that when we're not true to ourselves that our world falls apart? I've done many dishonest things in my life.  I'm not talking about running ponzi schemes (I'm not that smart), stealing, or things like that.  I've fained interest in subjects I could care less about to fit in with others.  I've taken jobs that were against my values to make a buck; hoping that if I worked hard and made enough money it would all be worth it.  It never has. &n...

I feel like Paula Deen

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy