Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Buddhism - Buddhism is a family of beliefs and practices, based on the teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known a

Forums     Login   Signup

Buddhism

Manager: alicorna
Buddhism is a family of beliefs and practices, based on the teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as The Buddha, the Awakened One.

Buddhism is a widely diverse tradition, and this webring includes all kinds of Buddhism-related websites, with a focus on Therevada, Mayayana, Zen, Advayavada, Shingon, Nichiren, Tibetan, Tendai, and several other forms of Buddhism, including esoteric and eclectic practices. Namaste!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Cleaning Up - 07/11/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HuOgd6dOcNU/Udyb3JXNF7I/AAAAAAAAB4U/2zlJULKChB4/s400/Paula_Deen.jpg

You may notice that the advertising banners are gone.   After reading Leo Babauta's post on advertising,  I decided to eliminate the banners and go with a more direct approach that is more in line with my values.  Leo so generously uncopyrights all of his work so I'll let him explain with an excerpt : ( full post here ) One of the biggest reasons people buy so much, and are so discontent with their lives, is  advertising . Advertising creates  false needs  — all of a sudden we need an iPhone or a new car or  a diamond ring , just because an advertiser put the need in our heads. What is advertising? It’s a company (or political candidate, etc.) paying a publishing platform (TV, newspaper, website, billboard, etc.) to get its message/brand in front of people. Companies are paying for our attention, and trying to get us to buy what they’re selling. And the publisher makes money by selling the attention of its readers/watchers/users. Of course, for us, the users … it sucks. Ads make the watching experience much worse. Ads make the reading experience much worse (imagine reading this article with 10 ads surrounding it). Ads make our lives worse. The purpose of Zen Presence was never to make money. I willingly contribute resources to maintain this blog. - time, money on books and research material, seminars, etc...  and that is why I had a few banners on Zen Presence.   Rather than make you suffer through ads, I'll simply sa...

Cleaning Up

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy