Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Crafts - A community of sites showcasing all types of crafts.

Forums     Login   Signup

Crafts

Manager: pagetv
I started this ring for the hard to categorize sites. Unusual and unique crafts are welcome as are all crafts as long as they are handmade.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Spoilers - 09/17/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5G2t8S9YvLw/Ujje54SUtAI/AAAAAAAAHKI/jZIRGM-k3UE/s320/no_spoilers.jpg

I hate spoilers. But worse than spoilers, I hate the Spoilers , people who spoil things on purpose. You know who I'm talking about. They know you haven't seen the episode, the movie, or read the book--you may even tell them you haven't seen it yet--and they have to tell you everything. Immediately. And over your protests. And why ? Are they so socially awkward that they have to "prove" they know something you don't? Kind of a "Look at me! Look how special I am!" thing? I think a lot of Spoilers fall into that category. I was having a conversation with someone the other day about a show on television. Someone else--who was, in no way, invited into this conversation--came up and started to talk about all the things that had happened in the book and were going to happen in the next season. Listen, if I just wanted to know what happened, I could read the books myself. (Not really. I don't have time to read anything these days. But they don't know that. For all they know, I live a life of luxury, sitting around eating bonbons and reading serial novels.) But that's not the point. The point is that I enjoy the television show. I enjoy watching what happens. It's a real dick move to butt into a conversation and start spoiling things. As a general rule (with a few exceptions) I never read the book if I'm going to watch the movie. I'm just never happy with the result if I do. Take, for example, Jurassic Park . Loved that book. I read it in one sitting. It was one of the most exciting b...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy