Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Abuse Survivors - Support, intervention and information for survivors of rape, incest, sexual abuse, spiritual abuse, mental abuse, emotio

Forums     Login   Signup

Abuse Survivors

Subrings: Child Abuse   Domestic Abuse   Elder Abuse   Physical Abuse   Emotional / Mental Abuse   Sexual Abuse / Molestation   Incest   Rape / Sexual Assault   Ritual Abuse / Spiritual Abuse   Post Traumatic Stress Disorder   Dissociative Identity Disorder  
Manager: tattooed_ogre
Created for websites whose content is focused on childhood sexual abuse, rape, incest and sexual violence.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Part 3..... - 06/23/2013
After I was out of day treatment, the child psychiatrist I was seeing insisted I be in therapy and I insisted I see a female.  So, my mom's wonderfully involved parenting style consisted of throwing the insurance book of providers at me and telling me "Pick someone!".  Unbeknownst to me, I picked someone who actually had a background in personality disorders and ended up diagnosing me at age 14 with BPD.  There were a few problems with that whole situation though.  First of all - I had no clue what it was and her having me read the criteria from the DSM-IV didn't help things any.  Secondly, my mom's view on life was (and still is) minimize and ignore things and they'll just go away.  And third, this woman engaged in some unethical if not fraudulent billing practices. At this point in time there was no longer any way to hide that I'd been sexually abused, I'd incurred even more of my mom's wrath by saying too much about that already but she quickly made up a cover story to protect her family and the real perpetrators.  I learned it by rote, backwards and forwards, still hoping I could do something to earn my mom's love finally after all these years. "I've only got hurt once, at my school when I was 8.  I asked for a pass to the restroom that was sort of in a separate building and when I left the girls room a bigger boy grabbed me and pulled me in the boys room.  He took my panties off and put his fingers in here and tried to make me...

Part 3.....

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy